Friday, December 9, 2011

Sad face

My gremlin is sickie. Her cough sounds horrid. I think it sounds like pnemonia. I'm calling her dr tomorrow in the morning to get her in. She needs some antibiotics asap. She seems to get sick a lot. At least this year its been a few times. Maybe its the weather. I hope its nothing that I'm doing. I bundle her up when we go outside and stuff. Hmm. I dunno. I feel terrible when she's sick tho. Her little cough sounds so desperate. It wakes her up and keeps her up. And her poor little nostrils leak to no end. She's learning how to blow her nose tho instead of letting it drip onto her lips. Ew. She's new at this. I'm new at this. I just feel really horrible when she's sick cuz it feels like I'm not doing everything I can but there's not a whole lot I can do other than keep an eye on her and give her hugs and kisses and hope that it goes away. Makes me sad to see her like that. Even if it just a cold or whatever. Mommyhood has a lot of complex experiences that are hard to explain unless you've gone through it. Things are making more and more sense.

1 comment:

mygrl said...

Sorry she is sick. It doesn't matter how old your children are.. if they are sick it makes mommies feel sad. I read somewhere that babies get 6 to 10 colds a year but it seems like from what you said that it's more than a cold. I think the best thing for her besides doctor's is make sure she sleeps enough. Sometimes, after Tyler, is with his Dad and they don't make him sleep early enough his allergies start acting up. It probably don't help that they don't always remind him to take his medication.