Monday, February 15, 2010

So I finally did it!

So... I finally had her! It was the roughest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life. I was so scared when my water broke cuz I was always saying I was ready and everything and then once the water broke was like woah, maybe i'm not as ready as i thought. Once those contractions started it became scary because the pain was so intense. Once I finally got the epideral it felt alot better but when it was time to finally push they had to turn the epideral off which is absolutely retarded to me and the pain got so bad and her head wasn't coming through. My body was too small and her head too big that it just wasn't working. My temp rose to around 103 and the doctor said she recommends a c-section because everytime I pushed her head wasn't fitting through my bones it was just molding to that shape. ew huh? Anyways... I was so terrifed to get a c section but by that time the pain was just so intense I just needed the contractions to stop. The scariest part of the c section is that you're awake the entire time. I was so afraid that I was going to feel them cut me open. I didn't of course but I was spazzing out. I don't think I could have done it without ramon being by me. He helped alot because he was so calm. Once they had me cut open it was so weird because I could feel them pushing and tugging on my insides! My whole body was being pulled side to side so they could tug the baby outta there. Once they finally pulled her lil body out she cried right away. I'll never forget that sound. I instantly cried because I was so happy and it was the best sound in the world to me at that moment. It was the happiest moment i could ever ask for. Everyone is right about giving birth. Its really hard, the process is so brutally hard but it doesn't even matter once you hear that cry for the first time you know every pain tear and struggle was completely worth it. After they pulled her out they immediatly took her to clean her and test her and everything. I was getting aggravated because I didn't get to see her for awhile after they pulled her from me. I was so anxious to see what she looked like. ill hafta finish this post in a lil while. The hospital is making me lay down cuz i have high blood pressure. ill be on here later to finish my thoughts and post pics....

1 comment:

mygrl said...

Jennifer,
I think sometimes they turn the epidural off because it can make pushing a longer process if you can't feel the contractions.
I have never personally had one though. I believe the less medical intervention the better. The less pain meds the better for the baby. I spent my whole labor with my daughter alone except for the last 15 mins at the hospital.(didn't get there until then) No pain meds at all and out of the three kids she was the healthiest at birth. With Tyler, my water was leaking and I had to have lots of medical intervention and he was the sickest and I believe his problems today are because of it all. I kind of blame myself for traveling so far away from home when I was pregnant and going to a funeral. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have taken anything, even though it hurt like hell, because my son was unresponsive and sick right away.