Friday, December 26, 2008

All I wanted to say...

My daddy called me on christmas eve.
He asked me to go to mass.
I'm not a religious person,
so I told him I would pass.

He was disappointed,
and he became upset.
He put me on a guilt trip
that I couldn't forget.

I told him I wanted to see him.
I'd come over christmas day.
I wanted to tell him I loved him,
that's all I wanted to say.

He told me not to come over.
He said he wasn't awake.
I think he was still angry,
and the story was a fake.

So here I was on christmas day.
I'd seen everyone but dad.
I'm sorry I didnt go to mass.
I'm sorry I made you mad.

My feelings are hurt.
I can't help but to sigh.
I wish it would have been different.
I wish I wouldn't cry.

Holidays are not a big deal.
It's always been this way.
I just wanted to say I love you, dad.
On this year's christmas day.

No comments: